iPad (7th generation)

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 8:53 PM

Ramyawad Said:

"Battery drained fast: Ipad battery drain very fast"

-------

Troubleshoot the iPad Battery Draining:

Rather than getting this serviced right away, save a few by troubleshooting the iPad’s power:

A. Back Screen:

Try the tips at these Apple Support links:

B. iPad Power:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 8:53 PM in response to Ramyawad

Ramyawad Said:

"Battery drained fast: Ipad battery drain very fast"

-------

Troubleshoot the iPad Battery Draining:

Rather than getting this serviced right away, save a few by troubleshooting the iPad’s power:

A. Back Screen:

B. iPad Power:

Jun 13, 2023 8:55 PM in response to Ramyawad

Make sure your display brightness is never set to 100% brigjtness.

Try setting the display brightness to some level below 100% that is still readable to you.

Setting the display brightness on any battery powered tablet is the quickest way to drain the battery.

In Settings, under Notifications, Turn/toggle off or reduce the amount/types of notifications for all apps.

In Settings, under General, turn/toggle off Background App Refresh for any apps you feel do not need data constantly refreshing in the background when the app/s is/are not in use.

You can also toggle off Background App Refresh for ALL apps as a whole, for all apps, instead of just individual apps.

In Settings, under Mail, Fetch New Mail, change the fetch settings to something other than Automatic.

I set mine ONLY to fetch Mail when that app is active OR manually fetch mail when I decided to check email in my mail app.

My iPad battery is draining fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.