Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Logic Pro jumps to Microsoft Teams audio

Logic Pro keeps switching the audio interface to Microsoft Teams mid recording and even mid editing.

A previous forum post had suggested changing system settings to remove Teams access to microphone, which I've done just to get through the editing process, but I need Teams to have mic access as I use it for classes several hours a week.

Is there anyway to remove Teams as an audio interface option for Logic Pro only, or to prevent Logic Pro from switching interface without it being asked to do so?

I'm using Macbook Pro M2,

macOS Ventura 13.2.1,

Logic Pro 10.7.4

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 6:10 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 25, 2024 3:50 PM in response to BanoM

Remove Microsoft Teams:

System settings->users&groups

Network Account Server->Edit

Open Directory Utility->Directory Editor

In the viewing sub menu click and go to users… scroll down until you find TeamsServer and delete.

Go back to viewing sub menu and go to groups…scroll down until you find TeamsServer and delete.

Close out System Settings and open your MacHD

As follows;

Macintosh HD->library->Audio->Plugins->HAL->MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver

Delete folder (MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver) and restart and you’re good to go.

Apr 26, 2024 7:53 AM in response to yoyoBen

The problem with Teams is that it embeds itself as the default recording device, not only in logic but in all sound / audio software installed in ones system (logic, sound studio, audacity). It happened to me just days ago... I spoke to 3 different senior tech advisor and neither of them could figure how to remove it. I was instructed to performed a re-install of the operating system and upon completion, it was still there, even though it's not native to Apples OSX. Besides, it didn't work very well with the M2 - very choppy audio transmission during our meeting.

Apr 26, 2024 9:23 AM in response to Racehead

The problem with Teams is that it embeds itself as the default recording device, not only in logic but in all sound / audio software installed in ones system (logic, sound studio, audacity). It happened to me just days ago... I spoke to 3 different senior tech advisor and neither of them could figure how to remove it. I was instructed to perform a re-install of the operating system and upon completion, it was still there, even though it's not native to Apples OSX. Besides, it didn't work very well with the M2 - very choppy audio transmission during our meeting.

Logic Pro jumps to Microsoft Teams audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.