are my airpods real i’m confused

so my mom bought some airpods off a friend and i had airpods 2nd gen i ordered off amazon and they said they were assembled in vietnam but i just realized that my new airpods 3rd gen say “designed by apple in california assembled in china” and they always are connecting and disconnecting from my device like when i barely move my head they disconnect

AirPods (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 8:39 PM

imsmartlikethat Said:

"are my airpods real i'm confused: so my mom bought some airpods off a friend and i had airpods 2nd gen i ordered off amazon and they said they were assembled in vietnam but i just realized that my new airpods 3rd gen say 'designed by apple in california assembled in china' and they always are connecting and disconnecting from my device like when i barely move my head they disconnect"

-------

All is Correct: These are indeed designed in California in the U.S.; They are assembled elsewhere.

Troubleshooting Genuine AirPods:

A. Start here: If you see an alert that says "AirPods Mismatch" - Apple Support

B. Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity.

C. A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. You should not be getting this message, if they have already been repaired. If these are used, then that may be why this is occurring.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 8:39 PM in response to imsmartlikethat

imsmartlikethat Said:

"are my airpods real i'm confused: so my mom bought some airpods off a friend and i had airpods 2nd gen i ordered off amazon and they said they were assembled in vietnam but i just realized that my new airpods 3rd gen say 'designed by apple in california assembled in china' and they always are connecting and disconnecting from my device like when i barely move my head they disconnect"

-------

All is Correct: These are indeed designed in California in the U.S.; They are assembled elsewhere.

Troubleshooting Genuine AirPods:

A. Start here: If you see an alert that says "AirPods Mismatch" - Apple Support

B. Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity.

C. A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. You should not be getting this message, if they have already been repaired. If these are used, then that may be why this is occurring.

are my airpods real i’m confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.