Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Charging Issues after IOS 16 update

I have iphone 13 and I am facing charging issues oftenly after IOS 16.5 update. When I put it on charging it shows that it is charging, but it does not add to the battery percentage. I need to restart my phone and then it starts adding to the battery percentage. In last 17 days it happened thrice and in 2 out of 3 incidences battery health also decline by 1%. I am unable to rectify the problem.

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

farrukhiqbal Said:

"Charging Issues after IOS 16 update: I have iphone 13 and I am facing charging issues oftenly after IOS 16.5 update. When I put it on charging it shows that it is charging, but it does not add to the battery percentage. I need to restart my phone and then it starts adding to the battery percentage. In last 17 days it happened thrice and in 2 out of 3 incidences battery health also decline by 1%. I am unable to rectify the problem."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Charge:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

III. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

IV. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM in response to farrukhiqbal

farrukhiqbal Said:

"Charging Issues after IOS 16 update: I have iphone 13 and I am facing charging issues oftenly after IOS 16.5 update. When I put it on charging it shows that it is charging, but it does not add to the battery percentage. I need to restart my phone and then it starts adding to the battery percentage. In last 17 days it happened thrice and in 2 out of 3 incidences battery health also decline by 1%. I am unable to rectify the problem."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Charge:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

III. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

IV. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

Charging Issues after IOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.