Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I am not able to connect hotspot for other devices through iphone11

I am not able to connect hotpot for other devices through my iPhone 11, hotspot was on in my phone but could see the Wi-Fi in other devices..?

iPhone 11, 16

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 6:24 AM

If you are not able to see your iPhone’s hotspot SSID on other WiFi devices (so that they might connect to the iPhone’s hotspot) …

… try “cycling” the hotspot on/off and/or changing the hotspot’s password.

Beyond that, you’ll need to contact your mobile carrier as “Hotspot” is one of their services.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 6:24 AM in response to Gunnalapavithra

If you are not able to see your iPhone’s hotspot SSID on other WiFi devices (so that they might connect to the iPhone’s hotspot) …

… try “cycling” the hotspot on/off and/or changing the hotspot’s password.

Beyond that, you’ll need to contact your mobile carrier as “Hotspot” is one of their services.

Jun 14, 2023 6:08 AM in response to Gunnalapavithra

I am using an iPhone 11 with an iPad 9, an iMac 2017 and an M1 MacBook Air. I turned on cellular data (Settings/Cellular/cellular data) and it allowed me to connect. On the iMac, for some weird reason, I have to go to Settings/Network/Ethernet and make that connection inactive for the hotspot connection to work. I'm figuring that your carrier authorized the hotspot on your account and you can see it under Settings/Cellular/personal hotspot.

I am not able to connect hotspot for other devices through iphone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.