Phone "forgets" Wifi Password

My iphone 14pro refuses to remember my wifi password correctly. Every time I leave the area and the coverage of the network I have to renter the password and sometimes it tells me that the password is incorrect. After multiple attempts it eventually joins.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 1:38 PM

Hello Pfister1968, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. 

Did you have a chance to follow all of the steps in the article viewed before posting? Here it is again, as these steps can resolve this issue: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

You’ll also want to update and restart your devices following these instructions: 

If this only seems to be an issue when connecting with a certain Wi-Fi network, it may help to enable the Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

All the best! 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 1:38 PM in response to Pfister1968

Hello Pfister1968, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. 

Did you have a chance to follow all of the steps in the article viewed before posting? Here it is again, as these steps can resolve this issue: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

You’ll also want to update and restart your devices following these instructions: 

If this only seems to be an issue when connecting with a certain Wi-Fi network, it may help to enable the Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

All the best! 

Phone "forgets" Wifi Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.