Apple TV App

Can someone tell me why Apple can’t get their App to return a TV show to where you left off? Every other App like Hulu etc will return a show you have stopped to the exact spot when you return to it. Apple starts the whole TV show at the beginning. It’s so **** annoying. Half the time I don’t even remember what episode I was watching so it takes me 10 minutes to find.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 12:02 PM

Perhaps. It works fine on my Apple TV box, my Samsung smart TV and my Amazon Fire TV stick (yes, I own far too many devices). I don't have a Roku to test it on.

I would suggest you delete the app from your Roku, make sure that your Roku's software is up-to-date, then re-install the app. Hopefully, that will do the trick as, at this moment, I have no other suggestions.

Best of luck.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Jhughes55

Perhaps. It works fine on my Apple TV box, my Samsung smart TV and my Amazon Fire TV stick (yes, I own far too many devices). I don't have a Roku to test it on.

I would suggest you delete the app from your Roku, make sure that your Roku's software is up-to-date, then re-install the app. Hopefully, that will do the trick as, at this moment, I have no other suggestions.

Best of luck.

Jun 14, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Jhughes55

I never have a problem returning to where I previously stopped watching. Are you having this problem with Apple's own content? Or with other streaming subscriptions you may have that are linked to your AppleTV+ subscription (e.g. Paramount or Showtime)? Are you watching from an Apple TV box as the footer on your post would seem to indicate? If so, is the tvOS completely up-to-date? Or, are you watching using the AppleTV app on some other device such as a smart TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire?

Apple TV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.