Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Data transfer between 2 iphones

I transferred my data from my old iPhone to my new one, and after a couple of months, I need to transfer everything from my new iPhone back to my old iPhone, do I need to reset my old iPhone, or can I initiate the transfer and the data in my old iPhone will be updated or overwritten? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 9:39 AM

If you have your old iPhone (the one you want the data to go to) at hand, then you should check if it has the recognisable “hello” welcome screen open after powering it up. If it does, go ahead and restore it from your current iPhone just as you would for a new iPhone. If this screen does not come up, then you should back your current iPhone up to a computer (Mac or MacBook) and download that to your old iPhone using a lightning cable. Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 9:39 AM in response to Zobuffy

If you have your old iPhone (the one you want the data to go to) at hand, then you should check if it has the recognisable “hello” welcome screen open after powering it up. If it does, go ahead and restore it from your current iPhone just as you would for a new iPhone. If this screen does not come up, then you should back your current iPhone up to a computer (Mac or MacBook) and download that to your old iPhone using a lightning cable. Hope this helps.

Data transfer between 2 iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.