Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Siri activates when you press the side or Home button, but doesn't activate when you say "Hey Siri,"

Siri activates when you press the side or Home button, but doesn't activate when you say "Hey Siri," How do I fix that?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 1:10 PM

Firstly, you should ensure that, under Settings > Siri and Search, the option for 'Listen for "Hey Siri"' is checked. If it is unchecked and you check it, then it will open a series of vocal instructions, i.e. phrases for you to say. Ideally, you should do this in a quiet place where another's voice would not interfere. Let me know if this works, and if it doesn't, I can look further into it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Tomag

Firstly, you should ensure that, under Settings > Siri and Search, the option for 'Listen for "Hey Siri"' is checked. If it is unchecked and you check it, then it will open a series of vocal instructions, i.e. phrases for you to say. Ideally, you should do this in a quiet place where another's voice would not interfere. Let me know if this works, and if it doesn't, I can look further into it.

Siri activates when you press the side or Home button, but doesn't activate when you say "Hey Siri,"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.