Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mail existing rules work, but cannot change any rules

In Ventura I had a Mail corruption and fixed it by reloading ~/Library/Mail/V10/MailData from Time Machine. Everything seems to work *except* that I cannot change any rules: changes disappear after quitting and relaunching Mail (but making a rule active/inactive survives relaunch).

How can I fix this?

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 1:46 PM

vonlost wrote:

In Ventura I had a Mail corruption and fixed it by reloading ~/Library/Mail/V10/MailData from Time Machine. Everything seems to work *except* that I cannot change any rules: changes disappear after quitting and relaunching Mail (but making a rule active/inactive survives relaunch).

How can I fix this?

Try turning off Mail in iCloud— edit rules and see if they saved properly; re-enable iCloud Mail.

>System Settings>AppleID>iCloud

ref: Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 1:46 PM in response to vonlost

vonlost wrote:

How can I fix this?

Try turning off Mail in iCloud— edit rules and see if they saved properly; re-enable iCloud Mail.

>System Settings>AppleID>iCloud

ref: Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud

Mail existing rules work, but cannot change any rules

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.