Why my M2 Ultra chip Geekbench 6 CPU score is below average?

I test my M2 Ultra chip and the result is around 1900 (single-core), 18000 (multi-core). 

However, most of the user scores are around 2700 (single-core), 21000 (multi-core)

Anyone know what's happen?

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 5:23 PM

By far the easiest way to cause instability and crashing is to install ANY third-party speeder-uppers, Cleaners, Optimizers, or Virus scanners. or a VPN that you installed yourself.

The idea that a third party, with no special knowledge of the inner workings of MacOS, can somehow find a simple way to protect your computer — that is not already being done by MacOS itself — suggests that the MacOS developers are somehow "holding out on you". That is absurd.

You should remove any and all (other than Apple built-in) virus scanners, speeder uppers, optimizers, cleaners, App deleters or VPN packages you installed yourself, or anything of that ilk.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 5:23 PM in response to MarLauHK

By far the easiest way to cause instability and crashing is to install ANY third-party speeder-uppers, Cleaners, Optimizers, or Virus scanners. or a VPN that you installed yourself.

The idea that a third party, with no special knowledge of the inner workings of MacOS, can somehow find a simple way to protect your computer — that is not already being done by MacOS itself — suggests that the MacOS developers are somehow "holding out on you". That is absurd.

You should remove any and all (other than Apple built-in) virus scanners, speeder uppers, optimizers, cleaners, App deleters or VPN packages you installed yourself, or anything of that ilk.

Why my M2 Ultra chip Geekbench 6 CPU score is below average?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.