Photos taking forever to upload to Cloud.

How to fix slow (stalled) upload of photos to iCloud? I appear to have plenty of available storage space and upload is not paused. I've also tried toggling between pause and resume, with no change.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:34 AM

Yes same as me and my phone is full now and cant update or run fast or take one single photo and this is very bad being a photographer and Apple is all about photography i thought !!!

I hope someone solves this because im going to lose memories :(

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 30, 2024 1:32 AM in response to TomHart1

And me. Most recently (today) "Synching 16 items to iCloud". From (almost) new iPad, on mains power, left overnight, on the same desk top as the wifi router. Mostly short videos, has uploaded only four items between 10.30 pm and 9.30 am—almost twelve hours. What a poor show. This happens so frequently now that it makes the very 'sales-pitch' of the cloud a nonsense. I've now resorted to using airdrop between iPad and laptop to edit photos. I feel it especially because I'm old enough to remember when Apple was considerd a 'good' company. Ah…the good old days.

Photos taking forever to upload to Cloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.