How do I add more storage to my iPod nano?

How do I add more storage to my iPod?

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:23 AM

It's not possible to add more storage.

If your problem is that you have more music in your library than you can fit on your iPod, there is a method for managing this. If you would like more detail, please let us know.

If that is not the issue, please provide more detail of what you are trying to address.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 1:23 AM in response to karly264

It's not possible to add more storage.

If your problem is that you have more music in your library than you can fit on your iPod, there is a method for managing this. If you would like more detail, please let us know.

If that is not the issue, please provide more detail of what you are trying to address.

Jun 16, 2023 7:48 AM in response to karly264

First of all, What generation do you have? Second of all, you technically can, but it’s extremely hard. You have to take it apart and do a lot of soldering with the logic board. You have to get something with higher storage and very carefully solder it to the board. You would have a very high risk of breaking it. It’s not worth doing unless you’re a professional. But, have you ever seen the option to compress your music? If you have music with higher bit rate, you can make it so it compresses it for 128kbps on the iPod.

How do I add more storage to my iPod nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.