Trouble Downloading an Audiobook

I'm having trouble downloading an audiobook. It's a free book from the author's webpage. When I click to download it, I can listen to the audiobook on Safari, but can't get it to download into my audiobooks.

How do I get it from Safari to my audiobooks in the Books app? I have spoken to the author and he says it should download without much trouble, but when I leave Safari and come back a different day, I have to re-download the book to read it again. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I'm listening to the book on Safari. How do I get it into my audiobooks from here?

Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:50 AM

If you're listening to an audiobook in Safari but want to download it and have it available in your Audiobooks library within the Books app on your device, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Safari browser on your device and navigate to the webpage where the audiobook is hosted.
  2. Locate the download link or button for the audiobook on the webpage. It might be labeled as "Download," "Save," or something similar. Click on it to initiate the download process.
  3. Once the audiobook starts playing in Safari, tap on the "Share" icon in Safari's menu bar. It typically looks like a square with an upward-pointing arrow.
  4. In the Share menu that appears, scroll horizontally or vertically (depending on your device) until you see an option similar to "Copy to Books," "Open in Books," or "Save to Files." Tap on this option.
  5. If prompted, choose the location where you want to save the audiobook. Select "Audiobooks" or "On My Device" if available.
  6. The Books app will open automatically, and the audiobook should start downloading. Once the download is complete, the audiobook will be available in your Audiobooks library within the Books app.

Please note that the availability of the "Copy to Books" or "Open in Books" option may depend on your device, iOS version, and the format of the audiobook file. If you don't see these options in the Share menu, you might need to use a different method to import the audiobook into the Books app.

If you continue to have trouble downloading the audiobook or encounter any other issues, it's recommended to reach out to the author or their support team for further assistance. They may have specific instructions or insights into downloading their audiobook on your particular device or browser.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 1:50 AM in response to Raicya

If you're listening to an audiobook in Safari but want to download it and have it available in your Audiobooks library within the Books app on your device, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Safari browser on your device and navigate to the webpage where the audiobook is hosted.
  2. Locate the download link or button for the audiobook on the webpage. It might be labeled as "Download," "Save," or something similar. Click on it to initiate the download process.
  3. Once the audiobook starts playing in Safari, tap on the "Share" icon in Safari's menu bar. It typically looks like a square with an upward-pointing arrow.
  4. In the Share menu that appears, scroll horizontally or vertically (depending on your device) until you see an option similar to "Copy to Books," "Open in Books," or "Save to Files." Tap on this option.
  5. If prompted, choose the location where you want to save the audiobook. Select "Audiobooks" or "On My Device" if available.
  6. The Books app will open automatically, and the audiobook should start downloading. Once the download is complete, the audiobook will be available in your Audiobooks library within the Books app.

Please note that the availability of the "Copy to Books" or "Open in Books" option may depend on your device, iOS version, and the format of the audiobook file. If you don't see these options in the Share menu, you might need to use a different method to import the audiobook into the Books app.

If you continue to have trouble downloading the audiobook or encounter any other issues, it's recommended to reach out to the author or their support team for further assistance. They may have specific instructions or insights into downloading their audiobook on your particular device or browser.

Jun 16, 2023 8:32 AM in response to pasqualerose2

Thank you Jack. I did those first four steps and all that I see in my books library is blank white where that audiobook should be. When I click on the blank white it opens it and all that is there is blank white. I attached two screenshots. The first is the library view and the second is of the book once it's clicked on.

When I specifically look under my audiobooks in the menu it just says, "No audiobooks."

Any ideas? Thanks

Pat

Trouble Downloading an Audiobook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.