Airpods max bass problems

I am not sure if this problem is a firmware/software problem or a hardware problem. I have had my AirPods Max for almost a year and a half now but just today after the renewal of my apple music, I could clearly notice that the bass is drastically reduced. (to the point where there are only mids and high frequencies) I did not tweak any of the audio settings as it was set as default. I tried resetting it and reconnecting/pairing it but it does not work. does anyone have some similar sort of issue?

AirPods Max

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 1:25 PM

Hi RicardoRickyMa,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand the bass on AirPods isn't as expected. Make sure that the AirPods are running the latest firmware, by updating the paired iPhone or iPad to the latest version. Make sure that you have cleaned the AirPods.

Clean your AirPods Max
* Don’t run your AirPods Max under water.
* Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
* If your AirPods Max are exposed to anything that might cause stains or other damage—for example, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye:
* Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
* Don't attempt to use them until they're completely dry.
* Make sure not to get any liquid in the openings.
* Don't use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean your AirPods Max.

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

Try playing music in various apps to determine whether this is app specific.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 1:25 PM in response to RicardoRickyMa

Hi RicardoRickyMa,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand the bass on AirPods isn't as expected. Make sure that the AirPods are running the latest firmware, by updating the paired iPhone or iPad to the latest version. Make sure that you have cleaned the AirPods.

Clean your AirPods Max
* Don’t run your AirPods Max under water.
* Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
* If your AirPods Max are exposed to anything that might cause stains or other damage—for example, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye:
* Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
* Don't attempt to use them until they're completely dry.
* Make sure not to get any liquid in the openings.
* Don't use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean your AirPods Max.

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

Try playing music in various apps to determine whether this is app specific.

Regards.

Airpods max bass problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.