What is My Photo Stream? It’s the first I’ve heard of it.

What is it? It’s the first time I’ve heard of it. All my photos go directly to iCloud. Do I need to change anything?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:23 AM

If you’ve never heard of it then you’ve nothing to worry about because it’s being turned off. Photo Stream was a feature that uploaded the last 30 days of the user’s photos so they could be viewed on other devices. After 30 days those photos were removed and others uploaded on a rotational basis. Photo Stream was a temporary storage feature. It was not available on more recent versions of Photos and now it’s being turned off for older systems.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:23 AM in response to NatureGal77

If you’ve never heard of it then you’ve nothing to worry about because it’s being turned off. Photo Stream was a feature that uploaded the last 30 days of the user’s photos so they could be viewed on other devices. After 30 days those photos were removed and others uploaded on a rotational basis. Photo Stream was a temporary storage feature. It was not available on more recent versions of Photos and now it’s being turned off for older systems.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

What is My Photo Stream? It’s the first I’ve heard of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.