Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPod Restoration

So, I’ve tried multiple times to restore my iPod Classic 5th Gen on both Windows and Mac, but it keeps telling me that I need to restore it using iTunes. What do I do to get it to work?

iPod Classic

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 11:05 AM

FriezeXD wrote:

I have tried using iTunes on both Windows and Mac, but it keeps giving me the same message, and not actually restoring, even though it says it did on the computer.

If the Restore procedure is not completing, even after multiple tries, that suggests that there is a hardware problem with your iPod. You state that have a Classic (and to confirm this, go to Identify your iPod model - Apple Support), which means that it has a hard drive inside it. It is possible that the hard drive has failed.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 11:05 AM in response to FriezeXD

FriezeXD wrote:

I have tried using iTunes on both Windows and Mac, but it keeps giving me the same message, and not actually restoring, even though it says it did on the computer.

If the Restore procedure is not completing, even after multiple tries, that suggests that there is a hardware problem with your iPod. You state that have a Classic (and to confirm this, go to Identify your iPod model - Apple Support), which means that it has a hard drive inside it. It is possible that the hard drive has failed.

iPod Restoration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.