Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone 6 and whatsapp

I have an iPhone 6S. My WhatsApp does not want to work properly.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 9:19 AM

Basic troubleshooting:

• Force-quit WhatsApp (double-press the Home button, then swipe up on the WhatsApp screen image)
  • Force-restart your phone: Press and hold both the Home and the Top buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • Delete the app, restart your phone and add it back
6 replies

Jun 16, 2023 10:34 PM in response to Dawwa

Dawwa Said:

"iPhone 6 and whatsapp: I have an iPhone 6S. My WhatsApp does not want to work properly. Tried everything. Cleaned it up. Nothing. I can see my notifications but that’s it. Frustrating!!!"

-------

OK. So what are the notifications?:

Screenshots:

Take a screenshot, and minimize it to the size and location of the message: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 17, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Dawwa

Dawwa Said:

"iPhone 6 and whatsapp: WhatsApp does not open. It sort of freezes. Apart from being unable to read my messages, I basically can’t post anything.

———-

Contact WhatsApp.

A little friendly advice…

Time for a New Phone:

Your iPhone model is extremely obsolete. So, it may be an issue with the iPhone, itself. If you just can’t get this to work on your iPhone, then take this a good reason to upgrade to a much newer model. IMPORTANT: Purchase Apple brand drives directly from Apple and none other, as a way to avoid scams and such.

iPhone 6 and whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.