Screen time

I'm having a problem trying to reset my screen time password on my iPad, after I select forgot password this is what comes up, the problem is I forget what Apple ID I used to set up screen time on this device, I've tried signing in with all the Apple ID’s I know of but none of them seem to be the right one. What do I do now?

iPad (8th generation)

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 2:42 AM

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, the procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Since release of iPadOS 13.2, iPadOS introduced a mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode could be reset without wiping the iPad - this requiring the AppleID and associated Password that was used when the ScreenTime Passcode was set.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, or where the AppleID credentials are not available, the iPad must be complete reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings

In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten ScreenTime Passcode is integral to the backup. Be aware that reseting the iPad will likely trigger an Activation Lock - again requiring knowledge of the AppleID credentials.

If you have forgotten your AppleID credentials, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

More information about recovery of your AppleID and associated Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 2:42 AM in response to YouTubeprettygirlrileyy

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, the procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Since release of iPadOS 13.2, iPadOS introduced a mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode could be reset without wiping the iPad - this requiring the AppleID and associated Password that was used when the ScreenTime Passcode was set.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, or where the AppleID credentials are not available, the iPad must be complete reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings

In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten ScreenTime Passcode is integral to the backup. Be aware that reseting the iPad will likely trigger an Activation Lock - again requiring knowledge of the AppleID credentials.

If you have forgotten your AppleID credentials, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

More information about recovery of your AppleID and associated Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.