You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Counterfeit AirPods Pro 2 has a warranty coverage!

I have a counterfeit AirPods Pro 2 (was sold as genuine) which is shown to be covered by warranty at this website: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support It has the same serial number on the box, charger, AirPods and even in the phone bluetooth utility. I am sure this is not the only counterfeit with this serial number. AirPods is supposed to be associated with a single Apple ID, but there has to be copies with the same serial number connected to different Apple IDs. So how it is possible that this device is not blacklisted in the warranty page already? Fraudulent sellers do use Apple Warranty Coverage Site for their false claim of originality. In this way Apple is inadvertently facilitating sale of fake products. I have already reported this incidence to Apple (Apple - Legal - Counterfeit Questions) Is there a list of blacklisted product serials database to check from?

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 1:22 AM

This recently happened to me on a pair I purchased. I went above and beyond to do my due diligence on checking they were genuine. The final check box for my decision was the confirmed AppleCare warranty until 2024. Well low and behold they were fake and died in 3 weeks. I take them to the Genius Bar to find out they are fake.

I proceed to have a long conversation on how to tell authentic ones from real ones, then I proceed to ask him if this issue and serial number has come up in their reports before, he said yes 100’s of times and proceeds to scroll through a list of the same serial number reported for being spoofed! The tech proceeds to say it’s a car and mouse game as the pirates rip the serial off the bios and upload it to an almost perfect copy of AirPod pros 2.

Apple this is a HUGE glaring oversight and issue in your part!! Why is the serial number still showing up as covered and valid on YOUR legitimate AppleCare check website. As far as I am concerned this is a failure in your part to follow through and respond in to this issue as soon as it is none.

Your Apple Support Team was suppose to call me today at 1pm and also failed to do so. I’m beyond disappointed apple!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2023 1:22 AM in response to DR1L

This recently happened to me on a pair I purchased. I went above and beyond to do my due diligence on checking they were genuine. The final check box for my decision was the confirmed AppleCare warranty until 2024. Well low and behold they were fake and died in 3 weeks. I take them to the Genius Bar to find out they are fake.

I proceed to have a long conversation on how to tell authentic ones from real ones, then I proceed to ask him if this issue and serial number has come up in their reports before, he said yes 100’s of times and proceeds to scroll through a list of the same serial number reported for being spoofed! The tech proceeds to say it’s a car and mouse game as the pirates rip the serial off the bios and upload it to an almost perfect copy of AirPod pros 2.

Apple this is a HUGE glaring oversight and issue in your part!! Why is the serial number still showing up as covered and valid on YOUR legitimate AppleCare check website. As far as I am concerned this is a failure in your part to follow through and respond in to this issue as soon as it is none.

Your Apple Support Team was suppose to call me today at 1pm and also failed to do so. I’m beyond disappointed apple!

Jun 18, 2023 2:07 AM in response to TheLittles

Your welcome.

I did not bought it from Apple. Answering my own question, Google Image search is more trustworthy than Apple Warranty Coverage Site for checking originality of an AirPods Pro 2. I found at least a dozen photos of boxes with the same serial number. One of the images is three months old. Same serial number was passed to Apple over and over again. Then the question is: why this serial number is not blacklisted by Apple in their site? To protect one legitimate owner (who has an invoice anyway) or to help so many people to be fooled.

Jun 18, 2023 2:18 AM in response to DR1L

DR1L Said:

"Counterfeit AirPods Pro 2 has a warranty coverage!: [...]Then the question is: why this serial number is not blacklisted by Apple in their site? To protect one legitimate owner (who has an invoice anyway) or to help so many people to be fooled."

-------

Why the Issue?

Because not a Lot of People have Reported it, if Any.

Do your Part: Report their to Apple. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time and will. So, if something is never reported, then Apple will never receive word on it. So report it to Apple. Apple may or may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on an item, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be investigated.

Leaving AirPods Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on how you think these are counterfeit. Include links to where you see this. Provide the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jun 18, 2023 1:20 AM in response to DR1L

"Counterfeit AirPods Pro 2 has a warranty coverage!"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Ungenuine AirPods:

So, where did you purchase these? If from Apple, then no worries there --all is genuine. If not from Apple, then the seller never disassociated it from their account. What about the purchase dat this is shown? Is if official? Do you recognize it?

Counterfeit AirPods Pro 2 has a warranty coverage!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.