Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

i lost my iphone 12 and i forgot to turn on find my so now how to track my phone

can we track a apple id

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 1:53 AM

Forgot?

If Find My [device] was not turned ON before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate a device nor one can use the IMEI number for tracking a device. The best action would be to Change the Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts that were used on the device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 1:53 AM in response to HitesH2008

Forgot?

If Find My [device] was not turned ON before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate a device nor one can use the IMEI number for tracking a device. The best action would be to Change the Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts that were used on the device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

i lost my iphone 12 and i forgot to turn on find my so now how to track my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.