Related Article: Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch

High heart rate notification does not suffice my needs. I want to see apple watch notifying immediately as soon as heart rate is more than set limit .. without any other checks. It should notify me while in workout session also.

High heart rate notification does not suffice my needs. I want to see apple watch notifying me immediately as soon as heart rate is more than set limit .. without any other checks. It should notify me while I am doing workout session also.

It should allow me to enter high heart rate value manually as per my need. like 170, 180 etc. ( Instead of limited set of values for selection )

How to achieve this

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:24 AM

No, that does not solve the requirement. I have gone through those steps already. When you set your high heart rate , you will see a note as below- please read the last part of the note in bold carefully..

“Receive a notification when Apple Watch detects a heart rate that rises above 150 BPM while you appear to have been inactive for 10 minutes.”

So , it means only if you are inactive for 10 minutes and your heart rate goes up then only a notification will be sent. While running, of course i am not inactive !!

I have that setting in place already but its not useful for my requirement.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 10:24 AM in response to Carol B.

No, that does not solve the requirement. I have gone through those steps already. When you set your high heart rate , you will see a note as below- please read the last part of the note in bold carefully..

“Receive a notification when Apple Watch detects a heart rate that rises above 150 BPM while you appear to have been inactive for 10 minutes.”

So , it means only if you are inactive for 10 minutes and your heart rate goes up then only a notification will be sent. While running, of course i am not inactive !!

I have that setting in place already but its not useful for my requirement.

Jun 18, 2023 10:11 AM in response to MomDad1974

I have a better understanding of your needs now. Thanks for the additional information. Apple already has this feature. You can set up notifications for high or low heart rates on your watch. This Apple Support page describes how but I have copied the pertinent information here. I hope This helps.

Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

High and low heart rate notifications

If your heart rate remains above or below a chosen beats per minute (BPM), your Apple Watch can notify you. These notifications are available only on Apple Watch Series 1 or later for ages 13 and up.

You can turn on heart rate notifications when you first open the Heart Rate app on your Apple Watch, or at any time later from your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Heart.
  3. Tap High Heart Rate, then choose a BPM. 
  4. Tap Low Heart Rate, then choose a BPM.

Jun 18, 2023 6:53 AM in response to MomDad1974

this is a user helping users with tech questions, we are not apple and apple do not read your posts here

if it was to monitor your heart 24-7 then it might not last long in terms of battery

but you can reach out to them with suggestions

If you wish to reach out to apple then try  Get Support (apple.com)Contact - Official Apple Support

Or provide them with feedback Feedback - Watch - Apple

High heart rate notification does not suffice my needs. I want to see apple watch notifying immediately as soon as heart rate is more than set limit .. without any other checks. It should notify me while in workout session also.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.