I have a new iPhone 14 Pro it will not connect to my Bluetooth in my car and it also continues to search for devices when Bluetooth is on running the battery down. Anyone have an issue like this

I have a new iPhone 14 Pro it will not connect to my Bluetooth in my car and it also continues to search for devices when Bluetooth is on running the battery down. Anyone have an issue like this

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 8:37 AM

When you open Bluetooth on your iPhone, you will ALWAYS see the circle spinning as it scans for available devices to pair with. The Bluetooth radio on your iPhone is low consumption, so the fact it is scanning for devices is NOT running your device down. This is normal and expected behavior.

As to your car, without knowing what car you own, have you checked your cars owner manual for directions on how to pair a new phone with it? You usually have to go into the cars settings menu to connect a new device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 8:37 AM in response to 100soquel

When you open Bluetooth on your iPhone, you will ALWAYS see the circle spinning as it scans for available devices to pair with. The Bluetooth radio on your iPhone is low consumption, so the fact it is scanning for devices is NOT running your device down. This is normal and expected behavior.

As to your car, without knowing what car you own, have you checked your cars owner manual for directions on how to pair a new phone with it? You usually have to go into the cars settings menu to connect a new device.

Jun 18, 2023 10:02 AM in response to 100soquel

Contact Mercedes. That's an older car and you may need to have the car forget the previous phone, then connect the new phone. Back in 2015, a Mercedes may have only been able to connect with one phone only. Also, make sure you go into Settings on your new iPhone. Tap General, then About. See the name at the top and change the name of the iPhone. Change it to something like Ronnie's iPhone 14 Pro. That can make a difference as well.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.