Migration Assistant - Catalina to latest OS. Can it be done?

My old 27" Mac is running Catalina. Can I use Migration Assn't to trans to a new Mac Mini with the M2 Pro chip?

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 9:47 AM

I wish to withdraw my question. I mistakenly thought I read that both computers needed to be at the same MacOS level. However, further reading appears to claim they can be different. My only fear was an incompatibility problem I had previously encountered between different versions of Numbers. Data that was input using the latest version of Numbers actually disappeared when using an older computer with an earlier version of Numbers. Since I never had a problem accessing data input on the old computer running an older version of Numbers when accessing the spreadsheet using the latest version of numbers, my concerns seem to be unfounded. Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 9:47 AM in response to PapaCat

I wish to withdraw my question. I mistakenly thought I read that both computers needed to be at the same MacOS level. However, further reading appears to claim they can be different. My only fear was an incompatibility problem I had previously encountered between different versions of Numbers. Data that was input using the latest version of Numbers actually disappeared when using an older computer with an earlier version of Numbers. Since I never had a problem accessing data input on the old computer running an older version of Numbers when accessing the spreadsheet using the latest version of numbers, my concerns seem to be unfounded. Thank you.

Migration Assistant - Catalina to latest OS. Can it be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.