Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple air tag

I have an air tag that doesn’t belong to me it is not tracking me but I would like to figure out how to contact the previous owner so I can give it back to them. I have found out their serial number of the air tag but have no idea how to contact them if anyone knows how please let me know thx.

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:14 AM

See the section :

Get information about or disable an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods

If you have found an unknown AirTag, you can follow these steps to see information about it, or to disable it: 

1. If you have found an AirTag, hold the top of your iPhone or NFC-capable smartphone near the white side of the AirTag until a notification appears.
  2. Tap the notification. This opens a website that provides information about the AirTag, including its serial number and the last four digits of the phone number of the person who registered it. This can help you identify the owner, if you know them. You might want to take a screenshot to make sure that you can document the information.
  3. If the owner marked the AirTag as lost, you might see a message with information about how to contact the owner.

Full Apple Support article is at What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 10:14 AM in response to Michaelwjohnston

See the section :

Get information about or disable an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods

If you have found an unknown AirTag, you can follow these steps to see information about it, or to disable it: 

1. If you have found an AirTag, hold the top of your iPhone or NFC-capable smartphone near the white side of the AirTag until a notification appears.
  2. Tap the notification. This opens a website that provides information about the AirTag, including its serial number and the last four digits of the phone number of the person who registered it. This can help you identify the owner, if you know them. You might want to take a screenshot to make sure that you can document the information.
  3. If the owner marked the AirTag as lost, you might see a message with information about how to contact the owner.

Full Apple Support article is at What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

Apple air tag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.