You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable Passwords in iCloud for Windows to use iCloud Passwords with Edge

I've seen a few threads about this issue, but they are several months old. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It's perplexing because I have 2 identically configured Windows 11 PC's with all the latest updates, running iCloud for Windows 14.2 from the Microsoft Store. One PC works fine, the other has the issue. I do have Advanced Data Protection turned on via my iPhone. Not sure if that's playing into this. Both PC's are listed as devices in my iCloud devices. Photos and Files work fine. The iCloud Passwords app by itself works on both PC's as well. Edge is also on the latest version. We need a solution please. Thank you.

Note: to Apple Support staff, no amount of rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, clearing cache and/or cookies, creating a second windows profile/account solves this issue for me, and possibly others as well.

Windows

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:12 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2023 12:38 AM in response to diehardbattery

Any luck with this, diehardbattery? I've had this problem periodically over the past few years, but I still haven't figured out the definitive cause. I figured out that one of the things that's caused it was me messing around with folder permissions for matters that didn't involve iCloud at all. I believe it involved the Windows>System and Windows>System32 folders. I looked up how to restore default permissions and ownership for files, and by following them, I have been able to get iCloud Passwords working again. Currently, it is not working for me, though, and I definitely haven't monkeyed around with permissions or tweaked any settings. If you got yours working again, I would love to hear how you managed it. Cheers

Jul 26, 2023 4:57 AM in response to LikwidDiamunds

Hi, unfortunately no, I have not had any luck. I did factory reset my PC which did fix it for a bit, but the problem came back and I have not been able to narrow down what might have caused it. Apple support has not been helpful. Basically they wanted to do extensive troubleshooting which included collecting diagnostics from all of my Apple devices (as well as the PC) to submit them to the engineering team. The person I was working with (it took like 2-3 hours to collect everything over the phone). After everything was submitted, I waited a few days only for them to tell me that they missed a few things and had to repeat the process.

A complete waste of time if you ask me. At least for this there is no regard for your time, except for maybe letting them know when is the best time to call back. Who has that kind of time to do that anyway? Then add insult to injury because you have to repeat it all...

Enable Passwords in iCloud for Windows to use iCloud Passwords with Edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.