Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Turn off air quality alerts?

Is there a way to turn off "air quality alerts"? I see them on my lock screen and in the weather app. First of all, I don't trust Apple to be looking out for my best interests, and even if the air quality was a problem, what could I do about it? I just want to turn these things off.

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 1:11 PM

You only get air quality alerts if your weather app provides them, and you have Notifications for the weather app turned on.

What you can do about poor air quality:

• Stay indoors with windows closed
  • Wear an N95 mask outdoors (have you ever seen photos or videos of Beijing, where just about everyone walking around is wearing a mask? Perhaps they know something that we don’t)
  • Don’t exercise heavily that would increase your respiration rate and increase the number of toxic particles that accumulate in your lungs; some of which will be there forever
  • Keep pets indoors
  • If you are in an area of chronic poor air quality, get a HEPA-type air cleaner to use in your home.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 1:11 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

You only get air quality alerts if your weather app provides them, and you have Notifications for the weather app turned on.

What you can do about poor air quality:

• Stay indoors with windows closed
  • Wear an N95 mask outdoors (have you ever seen photos or videos of Beijing, where just about everyone walking around is wearing a mask? Perhaps they know something that we don’t)
  • Don’t exercise heavily that would increase your respiration rate and increase the number of toxic particles that accumulate in your lungs; some of which will be there forever
  • Keep pets indoors
  • If you are in an area of chronic poor air quality, get a HEPA-type air cleaner to use in your home.

Turn off air quality alerts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.