My nieces iPad is stuck in recovery mode

My nieces iPad is stuck in recovery mode, and when I attempt to restore it through iTunes I get an "unknown error code 4013." I put it into recovery mode because it was stuck in 'boot loop,' going from the apple logo to a blank black screen to the apple logo repeatedly and I could not even shut it down. I am using a legitimate apple cord to connect the iPad to my computer. I have used DFU mode and still receive the error code 4013. I have tried both updating and restoring. I reset my entire computer and reinstalled iTunes, most recent update. Nothing is working, I don't know what to do.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 3:37 PM

You’ll find guidance for troubleshooting error #4013 here:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be well advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. 

Alternatively, if you have access to another Apple device, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to provide assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 3:37 PM in response to Tatoun1981

You’ll find guidance for troubleshooting error #4013 here:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be well advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. 

Alternatively, if you have access to another Apple device, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to provide assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My nieces iPad is stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.