my iMac Monterey has lost the ability to connect to my bluetooth stereo

How do I get the Bluetooth in my iMac to connect to my stereo receiver like it used to do.

My iPod Touch still connects to my Sony receiver but my iMac seems to have lost the ability to do so. It no longer even works to remove the stereo from Bluetooth Preferences and reconnect. That procedure worked for a week or so but not today.

iMac 21.5″, 12.6

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:39 AM

Hi dena-4,

We'll be glad to go over this with you further. To start, are you able to connect other devices via Bluetooth to your Mac without issue?

You may want to start your Mac in safe mode and see if the issue persists from there. That will let us know if there is potentially any 3rd party software causing this to happen. This article shows how to use safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 7:39 AM in response to dena-4

Hi dena-4,

We'll be glad to go over this with you further. To start, are you able to connect other devices via Bluetooth to your Mac without issue?

You may want to start your Mac in safe mode and see if the issue persists from there. That will let us know if there is potentially any 3rd party software causing this to happen. This article shows how to use safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jun 20, 2023 6:31 PM in response to judysings

Problem solved two-days ago. When will echo cease on on "Community"? First respondent replied without

reading my initial msg. Thanks for wanting to help, but if you had simply read my msg and said how to do safe start mode instead of asking me to repeat myself I would have avoided bothering Apple Support. They are VERY helpful but pressed for time and I am a slow typist. Thanks again anyhow. Bye.

my iMac Monterey has lost the ability to connect to my bluetooth stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.