You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Individual To Joining Family Sharing

I have a current apple music individual trial subscription which I cancelled but expires on August 15th. See top photo.

I just joined a family plan which already has Apple Music. Will I be able to access their shared subscription on August 16th or how does that work? See second photo.

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 2:10 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2023 7:40 AM in response to jml.jordan2010

Greetings jml.jordan2010,

We found a resource that answers what happens when you switch from an individual subscription to a family one. Check it out:

"If you join a family group that subscribes to Apple Music or Apple One with a family subscription and you already subscribe, your subscription isn’t renewed on your next billing date; instead, you use the group’s subscription. If you join a family group that doesn’t subscribe and you have a family subscription, the group uses your subscription. If neither you nor the family group has a family subscription, you can upgrade your account." Share Apple Music with Family Sharing on Mac

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Apple Music Individual To Joining Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.