Photos “already” in photo library but not

A friend sent a ton of photos. They say they are already saved to my photo library but they aren’t. I cannot save them. Help!!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:26 PM

I have them in messages so I can re-save them, but it won’t allow me to save them because it says they are already in there. They are not on iCloud, not on my physical device.

7 replies

Jun 18, 2023 6:24 PM in response to Angelami7

Angelami7 Said:

"No. I had some of them, but not all. So I deleted what I had, then asked her to send all at once. Now they say they’re already in my photo library but they aren’t. They aren’t in my recently deleted either."

-------

Trobuleshooting Lost Data:

If you cannot upload data, then it is gone, if not backed up. So, look in a place would would have backed it up. Elsewise, it is gone. For example, here is how you wouldtroubleshoot Photos and Videos:

Locating Lost Photos and Videos:

I. Enable Photos in iCloud:

On the iPhones, enable Photos in iCloud.

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

II. Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos App - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Mar 21, 2024 6:44 PM in response to Angelami7

I have the same problem. My friend send me 100 photos. I saved them all, then transferred to a hard drive, so deleted from phone. I noticed I was missing some videos so I tried to re-download from the messages where they were send from and it said they were already saved but wouldn’t show me where. I don’t have the photos anywhere and I can’t save them again.

Jun 18, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Angelami7

Angelami7 Said:

"I have them in messages so I can re-save them, but it won’t allow me to save them because it says they are already in there. They are not on iCloud, not on my physical device."

-------

Then they obviously were not transferred to this device.

Upload Using a Computer:

So, ask for these on a flash drive, and then add them to your Photos library, by dragging and dropping them into the photos app.

Photos “already” in photo library but not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.