Homekit Camera Motion Notifications Outside Activity Zone

Hello,

I have a Circleview Doorbell Camera and a Eufy Indoor camera. I have both setup with defined activity zones and notifications set to people.

I’m getting constant motion banner notifications on my iPhone outside my defined activity zone with no thumbnail image and with the message: “circle view doorbell has detected motion”

For valid motion notifications banners on my iPhone within the defined activity zone there is a thumbnail image along with message: “circle view doorbell has detected a person”

How do I stop motion notifications outside of my activity zone?

Tried the following already:

rebooted both my HomePod minis, ATV4K, my cameras, Modem/Router

factory reset cameras

factory reset hubs

deleted home, factory reset all devices in home, setup. Problem went away and came back within a few days.

reddit article has numerous complaints, I also found some complaints for same issue here in Apple discussions dating back to Nov 2022.

Apple support has no other solutions and sent issue to engineers, both manufacturers have advised notifications within homekit are driven by apple as it is their app and they cannot help.

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 21, 2024 9:09 AM in response to HomekitUser123

The activity zones apparently only affect when clips are recorded. If you change the "Receive Activity Notifications When" to "A clip is recorded" then you will only get notifications for motion in the activity zones.

To Apple, this is basically the opposite of what I'd expect or want. I would prefer to record all motion events, but only receive notifications for a subset of those events filtered by event type (e.g. person only) or activity zone.

Homekit Camera Motion Notifications Outside Activity Zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.