Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Bike riding is not detected for driving mode.

I've observed that Bike riding is not detected for driving mode. I wanted to run some automations on this event and found this issue. I've verified it works well with car driving.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:54 AM

By default, the Driving Focus feature is primarily intended for motor vehicle use, such as when you are driving a car. It is designed to reduce distractions by limiting notifications and preventing certain activities while driving. However, since biking does not involve the same level of focus and attention as driving a motor vehicle, it's possible that the Driving Focus feature may not activate while riding a bike.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 12:54 AM in response to iRaviRao

By default, the Driving Focus feature is primarily intended for motor vehicle use, such as when you are driving a car. It is designed to reduce distractions by limiting notifications and preventing certain activities while driving. However, since biking does not involve the same level of focus and attention as driving a motor vehicle, it's possible that the Driving Focus feature may not activate while riding a bike.

Bike riding is not detected for driving mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.