Updated my MacBook to OS Catalina and now can no longer see my older iPod. Did I screw up?

Updated my MacBook Pro to OS Catalina and now can no longer see my older iPod. Did I screw up?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 2:08 AM

Where are you looking for it? Catalina splits the functions of iTunes between separate apps.

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

These support articles only mention iPod Touches – the ones that run iOS. Maybe that means that iPod Touches are the only iPods that Catalina supports, or maybe it just means that Apple didn't want to mention older iPods. I would suggest trying the directions for synchronizing iPod Touches and see if those help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 2:08 AM in response to Bubba611

Where are you looking for it? Catalina splits the functions of iTunes between separate apps.

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

These support articles only mention iPod Touches – the ones that run iOS. Maybe that means that iPod Touches are the only iPods that Catalina supports, or maybe it just means that Apple didn't want to mention older iPods. I would suggest trying the directions for synchronizing iPod Touches and see if those help.

Updated my MacBook to OS Catalina and now can no longer see my older iPod. Did I screw up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.