Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Are AirTags waterproof?

can I tell my kids that they can swim with the AirTag? I bought it June 2023 at the Apple Store, so that’s the model we have

AirTag

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 8:33 AM

I wouldn't. For AirTag water resistance information, see the following from AirTag - Apple

AirTag is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Refer to the Safety and Handling documentation for cleaning and drying instructions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 8:33 AM in response to WonderQ

I wouldn't. For AirTag water resistance information, see the following from AirTag - Apple

AirTag is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Refer to the Safety and Handling documentation for cleaning and drying instructions.

Are AirTags waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.