Deleted safari on my iPhone Home Screen

Hi I deleted safari on my Home Screen and am unable to access it unless I go to App Store how can I bring it back on the Home Screen please

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:57 PM

I don't think you can delete Safari app, but it may just be removed from the Home Screen. Is it still in the Application Library (swipe right when on the home page to the very last page)?

The Application Library should list all your apps, you can press and hold on anyone to add it to your Home Screen. Search for Safari in the Application Library and you should be able to add it back to the home page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 12:57 PM in response to vikki182

I don't think you can delete Safari app, but it may just be removed from the Home Screen. Is it still in the Application Library (swipe right when on the home page to the very last page)?

The Application Library should list all your apps, you can press and hold on anyone to add it to your Home Screen. Search for Safari in the Application Library and you should be able to add it back to the home page.

Jun 19, 2023 1:07 PM in response to vikki182

If you accidentally removed the Safari app from your home screen, you can add it back by following these steps:

1. Swipe down on your home screen to bring up the Spotlight search.

2. Type ‘Safari’ into the search bar.

3. When the Safari app icon appears in the search results, press and hold the Safari icon.

4. While continuing to hold the Safari icon, drag it to your desired location on the home screen.

5. Release your hold, and the Safari app should now be on your home screen again.

Alternatively, if you’re unable to find Safari using the search function, check in the App Library. It could be tucked away in there, and you can follow the same process to drag it back to your home screen.

Also, remember you can’t actually delete the Safari app as it’s a core part of iOS, so it’s always somewhere on your device.

Deleted safari on my iPhone Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.