Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to read full Tweets, link opens up in browser

When using the Twitter app on my MacBook Pro (OS 13.4) I cannot find a way to read the full tweet without having to click on the link and open in browser. Is there another way around this? On my iPhone instead of the web link link it shows "Show more".

Am I missing something?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 12:07 PM

This started to happen since Twitter Blue and the possibility to write Longer Tweets — you can now write Tweets with more than 280 characters. Twitter Blue subscribers to Tweet up to 10,000 characters. And the Twitter App has not been fully re-write to adapt to this new feature, making it open longer tweets on a browser. I face the same issue.

I recently sent a tweet to Elon and his team to make the necessary adjustments to the Twitter App — will let you know if I get any response.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 12:07 PM in response to Burnhands

This started to happen since Twitter Blue and the possibility to write Longer Tweets — you can now write Tweets with more than 280 characters. Twitter Blue subscribers to Tweet up to 10,000 characters. And the Twitter App has not been fully re-write to adapt to this new feature, making it open longer tweets on a browser. I face the same issue.

I recently sent a tweet to Elon and his team to make the necessary adjustments to the Twitter App — will let you know if I get any response.

Unable to read full Tweets, link opens up in browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.