Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Timer App Alarm sound too low

I am on a iPhone 12 max pro, using iOS16.5. For the last several OSs, I find the sound for timer alarms is very low, almost silent. I have checked ringtone and alert volume in settings, not the issue. Other sounds are perfectly fine, including time-based alarms, caller ringtones, etc. I have tried restarting, and updating. No changes.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 5:02 PM

Hi Patrick Judge1

Thank you for posting your experience in the Community.

Seems you have the latest software, and have tried the available trouble-shooting tips with no success.

If you haven't experimented with it already, you could try changing the sound that plays when the timer ends:

Use the timer or stopwatch on iPad - Apple Support

Eg says: In the Clock app: "Set the timer

1. Tap Timer.
  2. Set the duration of time and a sound to play when the timer ends".

Else

You might want to try contacting Apple Support (online chat, phone, eMail etc): about this issue :

Contact - Official Apple Support

and / or

You might want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple.

They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will reach those who can make changes.

If others are also experiencing the same issue, we may see the issue addressed in a future update.

Web-form for feedback:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

All the best :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 5:02 PM in response to Patrick Judge1

Hi Patrick Judge1

Thank you for posting your experience in the Community.

Seems you have the latest software, and have tried the available trouble-shooting tips with no success.

If you haven't experimented with it already, you could try changing the sound that plays when the timer ends:

Use the timer or stopwatch on iPad - Apple Support

Eg says: In the Clock app: "Set the timer

1. Tap Timer.
  2. Set the duration of time and a sound to play when the timer ends".

Else

You might want to try contacting Apple Support (online chat, phone, eMail etc): about this issue :

Contact - Official Apple Support

and / or

You might want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple.

They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will reach those who can make changes.

If others are also experiencing the same issue, we may see the issue addressed in a future update.

Web-form for feedback:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

All the best :-)

Timer App Alarm sound too low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.