I have been getting the iTunes error: "There is a temporary problem completing your requ

I have been getting the iTunes error: "There is a temporary problem completing your request. The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" for several days now on 2 different windows 10 laptops.

When I check the status of the iTunes servers, there is no reported issue. What do I need to do to fix this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 12:33 PM

Let's try this: Go to the Podcast Store on iTunes and search for your podcast. Once you find your podcast, click on it and the next page will show you all the episodes available for that podcast. Go to one of the episodes you'd like to download and click the "Get" button (under Price on the right side of the screen. That episode will begin to dowload. Next, go to the "Library" tab. The Podcast will show on your list of podcasts. Click on the Podcast name. The episode you downloaded should show on the right panel under "My Episodes". Go to the right top of the screen and click on the podcast settings "wheel" icon. Toggle the "Subscribed" swith from Off to On and adjust the other settings if you so desire. Click Done. You are now subscribed to the podcast. Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2024 12:33 PM in response to bsp131

Let's try this: Go to the Podcast Store on iTunes and search for your podcast. Once you find your podcast, click on it and the next page will show you all the episodes available for that podcast. Go to one of the episodes you'd like to download and click the "Get" button (under Price on the right side of the screen. That episode will begin to dowload. Next, go to the "Library" tab. The Podcast will show on your list of podcasts. Click on the Podcast name. The episode you downloaded should show on the right panel under "My Episodes". Go to the right top of the screen and click on the podcast settings "wheel" icon. Toggle the "Subscribed" swith from Off to On and adjust the other settings if you so desire. Click Done. You are now subscribed to the podcast. Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

Jul 6, 2023 7:50 PM in response to el_miller

@el_miller, the issues that I was having was subscribing to a podcast through the Apple Store. The Apple Support team helped me identify a workaround: First, download an individual podcast episode, then subscribe to it in the local iTunes app. This workaround has been effective for me... hope it helps you and others.

Jul 9, 2023 2:08 PM in response to KarlVA

@KarlVA, thank you for sharing this workaround, it did help me.

I've downloaded one episode, but the subscribe button in the store tab was still telling me "The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable"...

Then I got back to the library tab, right-clicked over the podcast and selected "Subscribe this podcast".

It worked! :)

Windows 11, iTunes v. 12.12.9.4.

Jul 10, 2023 9:05 AM in response to ricardovitorino

@KarlVa thank you for your advice! And thank you @richardovitorino for including "right click" as i tried in the tab bar but it still wouldn't work, but now all is good. Well everything except I now need to bring up each pod i listen to as I uninstalled the previous version thereby losing them. Side note I had never signed into an account using Itunes and imagine if i has, as I am now, the choices may have been saved. No worries I at least have a one "pod catcher" to download to that i can then download on to my MP3 player as i still don;t stream pods on a mobile device. They are too bulky!

Jan 29, 2024 8:46 PM in response to KarlVA

I am having this same issue, I don't use itunes for podcasts really since I have an android phone, so it seemed a pain to subscribe on the itunes app on windows, to transfer to my phone later, but it seems most podcasters want you to rate and review on itunes, so I went to try to subscribe to a show or two and i was running into the same problem. and this is months later than the original post, now in Jan 2024, and it is still an issue apparently.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP! this round about method is dumb!

Also, I am pretty sure that Apple can release their podcast app on android phones, if they can put an app out for Apple Music, they can do the podcast app too, since most podcasters request you subscribe, rate and review on itunes, yet there is no such option to do so on android phones, its ridiculous!

May 8, 2024 3:37 PM in response to Limnos

Same problem. Two Apple techs couldn't offer anything other than to reinstall iTunes on my PC. I tried that, without any success. From iTunes, I can neither subscribe to podcasts nor download individual episodes onto my PC. I get the same unhelpful error message as others - "try again later" -- this has been the case for several months now. All other functionality is working fine, and I am definitely logged into my account. No problems at all subscribing to these podcasts using my iPhone.

I have been getting the iTunes error: "There is a temporary problem completing your requ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.