Music from ipod to ipad

I recently purchased an ipad and now I need to transfer all my music over. The purchased tracks from itunes synced, but I still have music from CDs that I need to move over.

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 10:49 AM

You will need to sync the music from your computer to your iPad. How you do that depends on the type of computer you have.

If it's a Mac, start here:

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 20, 2023 10:52 AM in response to zumbee1

Music cannot be directly transferred between iOS/iPadOS devices.

Any Music/Media content, transferred from your Windows PC/Mac using iTunes (or Finder on later Mac computers) - or “Paid” material downloaded from Apples iTunes Service - must again be downloaded to your iPad.

The reason for this intentional limitation, deliberately imposed by Apple, is to protect Copyright. In the case of iPadOS/iOS, Digital Rights Management (DRM) prevents direct copying of copyright material between devices is inhibited. This is intended to prevent the creation of illegal copies of potentially copyright material.

The iTunes Application on your PC/Mac maintains an authorised copy your media - whether this material is loaded from a CD, or downloaded from the Apple iTunes Service - and media derived from this library can be transferred to your iThings.

iOS/iPadOS devices also do support optical media drives. To import music to your iPad from optical media, you must use either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

After a legitimate copy of the CD music has been copied to your iTunes Music Library, you simply need to synchronise your iPad with your computer:

Sync iTunes content on PC with devices on Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Music from ipod to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.