I can’t subscribe with my Apple ID balance

Why can’t i subscribe with my Apple account ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 11:44 AM

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

Some purchases aren’t charged to your Apple Account balance

- If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases that you make are charged to your personal Apple Account balance. If you don't have enough Apple Account balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer if purchase sharing is turned on.

- You can’t use your Apple Account balance to buy gifts or gift cards.

- Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple Account balance (and will require you have a payment method on file).)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 11:44 AM in response to Lizasweet1919

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

Some purchases aren’t charged to your Apple Account balance

- If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases that you make are charged to your personal Apple Account balance. If you don't have enough Apple Account balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer if purchase sharing is turned on.

- You can’t use your Apple Account balance to buy gifts or gift cards.

- Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple Account balance (and will require you have a payment method on file).)

Jun 20, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Lizasweet1919

As I wrote previously, in the case of subscriptions Apple may require you to have another payment method present on your account even if eventually the money will be taken from your personal balance. In general, unless you are getting something that is absolutely free, you will have to have a payment method such as a credit or debit card.

I can’t subscribe with my Apple ID balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.