Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

"Share Menu" Mail extension broken, now tied to Brave browser

The "Share Menu" Mail extension is supposed to launch (or switch to) Mail. I updated to the latest Brave version for the Mac desktop March 31, 2023. The File > Share > email link feature stopped working. Now I see a Brave icon next to the “email link” option rather than the expected Mail icon. The link simply loops back to Brave. I don't see any way to re-set the "Share Menu" extension to point it back to Mail. The Brave team appears to be stumped. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 1:44 PM

Mail was not set as the default email application, and I certainly didn't change that setting myself. When I re-selected Mail as the default email application, the Share > Email Link extension started working again instantly. Interestingly, the Brave icon still shows for that extension rather than the Mail icon. Maybe the icon will refresh after a restart. I truly appreciate your help, and I'll direct people to your answer here when I mark my Brave support question as "solved."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 1:44 PM in response to Barney-15E

Mail was not set as the default email application, and I certainly didn't change that setting myself. When I re-selected Mail as the default email application, the Share > Email Link extension started working again instantly. Interestingly, the Brave icon still shows for that extension rather than the Mail icon. Maybe the icon will refresh after a restart. I truly appreciate your help, and I'll direct people to your answer here when I mark my Brave support question as "solved."

"Share Menu" Mail extension broken, now tied to Brave browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.