if my mom has been using this computer and now she is giving it to me, how do I get rid of her information and put mine on the computer?

I am being gifted a computer that was recently used by a family member and all their photos and phone number is on it, I would like to know how to get rid of their information and put mine on it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:27 PM

This support article describes what she should do in this situation --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

This is particularly important when running a newer computer because it ensures all ownership information is removed. If it isn't, it can make problems down the road for you. Click on this link to read about activation lock for Mac--> Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 7:27 PM in response to annieharrell

This support article describes what she should do in this situation --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

This is particularly important when running a newer computer because it ensures all ownership information is removed. If it isn't, it can make problems down the road for you. Click on this link to read about activation lock for Mac--> Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

if my mom has been using this computer and now she is giving it to me, how do I get rid of her information and put mine on the computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.