Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How to listen to purchased itunes music

Is there an app more suited for listening to and organizing my purchased itunes songs? I’ve bought many songs over the years and now am realizing they are kinda hidden in the darkest reaches of my iphone.

I’ve been subscribing to apple music for years until a few days ago when they asked me to resubscribe at a higher price. I snapped and cancelled my subscription, throwing away many years of my life spent curating my favorite stuff into one place.

I am sooooooooo done with subscriptions, I get ill thinking about another subscription. I cannot imagine the cost of keeping the app up is much more expensive than when it began. The artist are doing all the work. Apple shareholders have already made bank. Inflating the value of the service is a rotten business move.

I will go back to the ownership method. It makes way more sense from a consumers standpoint. Now to find a better interface for managing the songs I’ve purchased from them.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:36 PM

You can listen to your purchased music in the Music app on your iPad. However, for organizing it, you'll probably want to do that on your computer. If you're using a Windows computer, you'd use iTunes. On a Mac, you can use the Music app.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 20, 2023 10:04 PM in response to T00M@ny

Amazon Music also raised their price for an individual subscription plan from $9.99/month to $10.99/month. I'm not sure how much of the increase is due to Amazon and Apple, and how much is due to the record companies. For the time being, I'm going to stick with at least one of these services, as a way of finding new music. I agree that ownership is desirable for albums by artists who consistently produce good music.

Once you've downloaded your iTunes Store purchases to your Mac, you should be able to drag and drop songs and albums from the iTunes/Music application window, to Finder folders or the desktop, to make copies of your music. I have not verified that this works for Music, but it does for iTunes. (My Mac laptop does not have a full copy of my desktop iTunes Library, so I use drag-and-drop to move selected songs to the smaller library.)

You can then play those songs in a non-Apple music player application of your choice, or copy them onto a non-Apple "MP3" player that you own. (Most "MP3" players, by now, should support both MP3 and AAC.)

How to listen to purchased itunes music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.