iPad running OS 16 and an iMac running Catalina and I can't figure out how to move specific photos from the iPad to my iMac.

I have a 1 year old iPad running OS 16 and an iMac running Catalina and I can't figure out how to move specific photos from the iPad to my iMac. It only wants to sync everything or send photos FROM my iMac TO my iPad. I want it the other way around.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:47 AM

Here are Apple's instructions on how to manually import photos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

4 replies

Jun 21, 2023 8:49 AM in response to DominoChance

[Edit]

I don't think Finder/iTunes synchronization (of photos) is what you want. Turning that on for photos sounds like a way to lose the photos you already have stored on the iPad.

You can go into Photos on your iPad, and e-mail photos off the device, but that might send downsized copies.

There may be third-party apps that can access the iPad's Camera Roll / Photos Library – but I don't think you're going to need one of those. (See next post.)

iPad running OS 16 and an iMac running Catalina and I can't figure out how to move specific photos from the iPad to my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.