I'm getting very inappropriate ads on my iPad

I'm getting very inappropriate pop ads on my iPad. How can o get them to stop

During games

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 7:21 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2023 7:41 AM in response to jcozzens

Many Games are free to download and play. However, these are often financed/monetised through embedded advertising. Free Games supported by advertising often have an in-App purchase to remove advertisements.

While in-App advertising should be age-appropriate to the game itself, this is not always well enforced. At best, advertising can be intrusive to gameplay.

If the App(s) in question do not have an in-App purchase to remove advertising, there is nothing that you can do to suppress the unwanted content. In such situations, your only option will be to delete the App - and find something more appropriate.

If your Gaming is using a web browser, you might try using one of the better Ad/content blocking Apps. One of the most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for Apple devices - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing by 1Blocker takes place on the device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently.

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content is blocked. The 1Blocker product creates a ruleset that is actually processed by Safari.

iOS/iPadOS has limited built-in protection from unwanted pop-ups and advertisements - described here:

Block pop-up ads and windows in Safari - Apple Support

I'm getting very inappropriate ads on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.