Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

What if I tap "Albums" and can't find "My Photo Stream > Select"?

I'm trying to follow the directions to save any photos I may have in "My Photo Stream". I followed the directions sent by Apple.

When I open "Photos" and tap "Albums" on my iPhone, I don't see an option that says "My Photo Stream > Select". Even when I click "See All", I don't see an option that says "My Photo Stream > Select".

Does that mean I don't have any photos there? Am I missing something?

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:51 AM

It means that you never used Photo Stream. You can also check in Settings/Photos. Do you see a switch for Photo Stream? If not, you never used it. If you see the switch and it is off, you are not currently using it.

Photo Stream is a legacy service that would transfer photos to your computer as soon as they were taken. It would save the 1,000 most recent photos for 30 days, but you would have to move them to permanent storage within those 30 days. It was replaced about 5 years ago by iCloud Photos, which saves your photos to iCloud in real time also, but keeps them permanently, or until you delete them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Mark Faucette

It means that you never used Photo Stream. You can also check in Settings/Photos. Do you see a switch for Photo Stream? If not, you never used it. If you see the switch and it is off, you are not currently using it.

Photo Stream is a legacy service that would transfer photos to your computer as soon as they were taken. It would save the 1,000 most recent photos for 30 days, but you would have to move them to permanent storage within those 30 days. It was replaced about 5 years ago by iCloud Photos, which saves your photos to iCloud in real time also, but keeps them permanently, or until you delete them.

What if I tap "Albums" and can't find "My Photo Stream > Select"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.