📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stereo earphones won’t plug in

Like many other iPad Pro 2nd gen users like me, I haven’t been able to plug in my stereo earphones into the port at the top of the iPad Pro after the last few Apple updates and it’s getting frustrating. I don’t want to start using the earphones that you have to plug into your port at the bottom because my iPad loses power if I have it not connected to the charging cord for very long. I, like others, need a resolution from Apple. Please! Thank you!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:55 AM

If you are having difficulties with the 3.5mm audio jack on your older model iPad - and using a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter is not acceptable - your remaining option is to consider using wireless Bluetooth alternative - such as Apple’s AirPods.

AirPods - Apple

1 reply

Stereo earphones won’t plug in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.