Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Uploading pictures to Photos on Mac

My Mac is not seeing all the photos on my iPhone, thus i cannot load them into my Photos library. How can I make my computer see the photos?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:48 AM

1 reply

Jun 23, 2023 8:16 AM in response to Lizbeth598

Hey Lizbeth598,

To import photos form your iPhone to your Mac, we'd recommend the steps below:

"Import to your Mac

You can import photos and videos to your Mac by connecting your device to your Mac. However, if you use iCloud Photos, then you don't need to import. 

To import to your Mac: 

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac with a USB cable.
  2. Open the Photos app on your computer.
  3. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn't automatically appear, click the device's name in the Photos sidebar.
  4. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust to continue.
  5. Choose where you want to import your photos. Next to "Import to," you can choose an existing album or create a new one.
  6. Select the photos you want to import and click Import Selected, or click Import All New Photos.
  7. Mac screen showing the photos available for import
  8. Wait for the process to finish, then disconnect your device from your Mac."

Also note Photos will only import new photos to prevent duplicates. If you've already imported some of the photos from your iPhone, it would be expected not to see them again on future imports.

Cheers!

Uploading pictures to Photos on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.