Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Battery health dropping after every 3 days

Why is my iphone 13 pro max battery dropping by 1% after every 3 days somebody help me out or recommend solution

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 12:24 PM

See this excerpt from the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if it is below 80% maximum capacity, it is below normal performance. (That would relate to an almost 2% drop per month to below 80% in the first year before Apple would consider it to be unusual and meriting warranty replacement.) You can still use a device with a lower percentage but for optimal usage you may wish to consider having it changed when it reaches 80%.

Batteries are consumables and 1-2% loss per month is perfectly normal (see below). The method for determining health is not exact and some fluctuation wouldn't surprise me.

If you truly think something is wrong, take hte phone to Apple, or go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 12:24 PM in response to Dharealtopboi

See this excerpt from the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if it is below 80% maximum capacity, it is below normal performance. (That would relate to an almost 2% drop per month to below 80% in the first year before Apple would consider it to be unusual and meriting warranty replacement.) You can still use a device with a lower percentage but for optimal usage you may wish to consider having it changed when it reaches 80%.

Batteries are consumables and 1-2% loss per month is perfectly normal (see below). The method for determining health is not exact and some fluctuation wouldn't surprise me.

If you truly think something is wrong, take hte phone to Apple, or go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Battery health dropping after every 3 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.